While Kristin was here we visited the city of Verona. Although Verona was very close to the lake we thought the the towns along the lake with the cliffs of the mountains forming backdrops to the expanse of the lake were a little more impressive. While in Verona we visited Juliet's house, took the obligatory photo in front of the Juliet balcony, saw the roman coliseum, strolled the beautiful streets...and sampled some fine italian gelato.
...Juliet's balcony in Verona
We enjoyed learning about the Italian lake life where the warm days are spent with families and friends and where multiple trips to the gelato stand and the outside eateries are welcomed and frequented by all.
Amy's top 5:
1. the smell of jasmine in the air
2. happy dogs and their owners everywhere
3. cold lake dips
4. evening runs through the olive tree orchards
5. turning 37 in Italy (spoiled girl...36 was also spent here)
top: view of lake in our town, bottom: the town of Limone
1. driving through the european streets in our Fiat
2. spending time to prepare appetizers and dinner for Amy with a glass...maybe 2 of local wine
3. teaching Amy Spanish
4. learning more Italian
5. sampling endless gelato flavors with Kristin and Amy
...the hills are also alive in Italy. Town of Tremosine...my first haircut during our year abroad. A 50 minute experience.